A) Explain the importance to mass media studies of SEVEN of the following individuals (or pairs). Answers should be a complete sentence or two. If two people are listed together you may define one, two, or the relationship of both, as well as their importance to media studies as one answer; you cannot define the two in different answers. (2 points each)
Edward Bernays and Doris Fleischman
William Randolph Hearst and Joseph Pulitzer William Paley and David Sarnoff
Lee de Forest and Guglielmo Marconi Johannes Gutenberg
John Peter Zenger
B) Explain the importance to mass media studies of THIRTEEN of the following terms in a complete sentence or two. When an entry has “or” you may define one or the relationship between the two, but it will only count as one answer. (2 points each)
Affiliates (of a media network)
Ancillary (or Subsidiary) Rights
Channel (or Platform)
ASCAP or BMI
Communication Cycle (Feedback Loop)
CPM or RPM
Demographics or Psychographics
Drive Time Audience
Ratings or Share (for TV/Radio stations)
Studio (or Factory) System
C) Answer TWO of the following six questions in two or three paragraphs. (15 points each)
1) Explain the difference between brand and brand promise — making sure to define them — and give examples of their importance to a specific company.
2) Why are advertising and public relations not defined as channels of mass media, and what parts do they play in a study of mass media and mass communication?
3) Under which circumstances (either historic or hypothetical) can a “free press” be a positive for democracy, and under what circumstances (and in those circumstances to
what degree) is it better or government to regulate media ?
4) Highlight two or more ways we are experiencing convergence or disaggregation with relevance to our study of mass media, and provide an educated suggestion of how your examples might continue or change in the next few years.
5) Explain the tracking done of your online actions, and how it connects the media you consume digitally with the profile that advertisers can use to target you as a potential customer. Include examples from your browsing and the ads you see.
6) Using a specific media company with both a traditional and digital site, (e.g. print and online publication; over-the-air and stream of television network; over-the-air and streaming radio station), explain the differences, specifically the advantages and disadvantages, of the two different sites.
Why Choose Us
Top quality papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional academic writers
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you feel that we missed something, send the order for a free revision. You will have 10 days to send the order for revision after you receive the final paper. You can either do it on your own after signing in to your personal account or by contacting our support.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & confidential
We use several checkers to make sure all papers are plagiarism-free and do not share them with third parties.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
You are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper. Our academic experts will gladly help you with essays, case studies, research papers and other assignments.
Admission help & business writing
You can be positive that we will be here 24/7 to help you get accepted to the Master’s program at the TOP-universities or help you get a well-paid position.
Editing your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you submit a well-structured and organized paper just on time. We will ensure that your final paper is of the highest quality and absolutely free of mistakes.
Editing your paper