This is an individual project. Each student must prepare an equity research report on the firm selected, using the top-down fundamental analysis approach. You could select any publicly traded firm listed on NYSE, NASDAQ and TSX.
The report should analyze the firm and its common stock and come up with a buy, sell, or hold recommendation for the stock. The analysis must be based on the most recent information available about the company. As part of the report, you must include the following:
• A brief overview of the firm, including a discussion of its business operations.
• An analysis of the firm’s industry and of the economy in general and the industry that your firm belongs to, including major factors which may affect the firm, following the top-down approach.
• Based on the above analysis, you must make earnings projection for the firm for future years.
• Estimate an appropriate required return for investors on the stock.
• You must determine an appropriate price for the stock of the firm. This is the crucial part of the project and you will base your buy/sell/hold recommendation on this. You should use the dividend discount model (DDM) for your analysis. Your valuation should be based on the analysis conducted in the previous parts and be logically consistent with it. You must justify any assumptions you make, and discuss any limitations of your analysis. You will have to show in details the steps you followed to arrive at the firms’ required rate of return (and model(s) used for that).
The written report must be no more than 6 pages in total (including any tables, graphs et cetera). For any sources of information you use, you must cite the source using footnotes and a references section. Please note: for your analysis you cannot simply repeat what was written in the firm’s annual report or copy other reports you find on the internet or elsewhere. The report must be in your own words and involve our own critical analysis of the firm. It is expected that the report will involve original thinking. You can make reference to ideas you have found elsewhere (the source must be cited),
however, any student caught plagiarizing (including cutting and pasting from websites, copying others’ words from any source without appropriate citation, or any other form of plagiarism) will be punished to the fullest extent possible.
Information Sources: You may use any information sources you wish. The internet is a good source and there are many websites providing financial, economic and investing information. For example, financial statements can be found at
• SEDAR for Canadian firms
• EDGARonline for U.S. based firms
• Yahoo Finance
• Google Finance
• Value Line Survey Report (Available through Library Reference Desk)
As well, a historical database of stock prices is available on the library website and Yahoo Finance.
Grading: Your written report will be evaluated based upon:
• the thoroughness with which the requirements are fulfilled
• the level of effort apparent in the report
• the logical justification of the assumptions you make and the conclusions drawn
• judgement and originality of thought
• logical consistency of the report
• the overall level of professionalism with which the report is presented
Why Choose Us
Top quality papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional academic writers
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you feel that we missed something, send the order for a free revision. You will have 10 days to send the order for revision after you receive the final paper. You can either do it on your own after signing in to your personal account or by contacting our support.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & confidential
We use several checkers to make sure all papers are plagiarism-free and do not share them with third parties.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
You are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper. Our academic experts will gladly help you with essays, case studies, research papers and other assignments.
Admission help & business writing
You can be positive that we will be here 24/7 to help you get accepted to the Master’s program at the TOP-universities or help you get a well-paid position.
Editing your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you submit a well-structured and organized paper just on time. We will ensure that your final paper is of the highest quality and absolutely free of mistakes.
Editing your paper