JOURNAL ARTICLE REVIEWS INSTRUCTIONS
You will write 2 Journal Article Reviews (Modules/Weeks 1 and 5), which will be based upon your choice of articles from the professional, peer-reviewed journal articles provided in Blackboard. No outside articles will be accepted. Each Journal Article Summary must be 3–5 double-spaced pages (not including the title and reference pages) and created in a Microsoft Word document. Use the following guidelines to create your paper:
1. Start your paper with a title page, correctly formatted per current APA. Use the provided template and the basic current APA components will be in place. Divide your paper into sections with the following Level One headings: Summary, Reflection, and Application as described on the template.
2. Develop a summary (35 points) of the main concepts from the article. Do not duplicate the article’s abstract. If the article describes a research study, include brief statements about the hypotheses, methods, results, discussion, and implications. If any test measures or statistical methods used are given in the article, do not provide detailed descriptions of these. Short direct quotations from the article are acceptable, but avoid long quotes in a paper this size. This section is the foundation of your Journal Article Review (at least a third of your paper). Make sure you include the core points from the article, even if it means a longer section. Do not reference any additional articles in your summary.
3. In approximately 1 page, reflect (10 points) on the article using your own words. Appropriate comments for this part of the paper could include, but are not limited to, your initial response to the article, comments regarding the study’s design or methodology (if any), insights you gained from reading the article, your reasons for being interested in this particular article, any other readings that you may plan to do based upon having read the article, and other thoughts you have that might further enhance the discussion of your article. Your subjective comments in this section must be clearly tied to main points from the article, not peripheral ideas. Again, do not reference any other article.
4. In your final section, in approximately 1 page, write how you would apply (25 points) the information you have learned from this article to a particular counseling setting. Make this setting one that would typically be seen in human services counseling—community services agencies, adoption agencies, volunteer counseling settings such as in churches, etc. Develop this section as if you are a pastor or clinician and your parishioner or client has come to you with a problem—grief, depression, substance abuse, relationships problems, etc.— needing your help. Adequately describe the counseling scenario including the presenting problem. Draw out concepts from the article and apply them to the scenario as if you were guided only by the content of the article. Show the reader how you expressly drew from the journal article in this application section and cite correctly, per APA.
5. Use the provided current APA template and personalize the template for your particular article.
Point values for each section as well as for writing can be found on the grading rubric. Remember that all papers in the program must be written to professional (graduate level) standards and writing/APA can contribute 30 points to your score.
Submit both Journal Article Reviews in Blackboard through the assignment submission links in Modules/Weeks 1 and 5.
Journal Article Review 1 is due by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Sunday of Module/Week 1.
Journal Article Review 2 is due by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Sunday of Module/Week 5.
JOURNAL ARTICLE REVIEWS GRADING RUBRIC
Criteria Levels of Achievement
Criteria Advanced 92-100 (A- to A):
Satisfies criteria w/ excellence Proficient 84-91 (B- to B+) :
Satisfies criteria at the graduate level Developing 76-83 (C- to C+):
Satisfies most criteria Below Expectations 1-75 (F to D+):
Does not satisfy criteria Not Present Points
Content 70%: 70 Points 65-70 Points 59-64 Points 53-58 Points 0-52 Points
Content—Summary: 35 points 33-35 points
Student meets the requirements as listed in the “Proficient” column but provides more extensive explanation (concisely written and without wordiness)
In addition, student demonstrates full understanding of key ideas supporting the main points, explains some of the supporting information, clearly separates the core ideas from peripheral ideas, recognizes underlying presuppositions of main points and implications for human services counseling
Student provides summary of salient/main points that is concisely worded but of sufficient length to adequately provide a reasonably complete review of the article
Summary includes all major topics of the article (if the article is a research study, briefly describes hypotheses, methods, results, discussion, and implications).
Summary adequately provides the foundation for the subsequent 2 sections of paper.
Article is chosen from list provided. 27-29 points
Student includes some of the requirements in the “Proficient” column
Student may not clearly distinguish main points from peripheral or supporting ideas
Student clearly deviates from the requirements in the “Proficient” column
Student may omit many key ideas from the summary
Student may incorrectly review key research elements in an empirical article
Why Choose Us
Top quality papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional academic writers
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you feel that we missed something, send the order for a free revision. You will have 10 days to send the order for revision after you receive the final paper. You can either do it on your own after signing in to your personal account or by contacting our support.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & confidential
We use several checkers to make sure all papers are plagiarism-free and do not share them with third parties.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
You are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper. Our academic experts will gladly help you with essays, case studies, research papers and other assignments.
Admission help & business writing
You can be positive that we will be here 24/7 to help you get accepted to the Master’s program at the TOP-universities or help you get a well-paid position.
Editing your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you submit a well-structured and organized paper just on time. We will ensure that your final paper is of the highest quality and absolutely free of mistakes.
Editing your paper