In Writing Project #2, you will write a reflection of an article you select from a library database. This response will be an analysis of the language used to present an idea (explanatory essay), argue a position (persuasive essay) or bring light to a situation (expository essay). The students should find 3-5 examples from the text that exemplifies the technique the author is using. Following this, the student is able to write a response to the position and purpose of the essay and if the author was effective in presenting it.
Purpose and Audience:
• The purpose of this assignment is to analyze an article of your choice and discuss the usage of language by the author and its effectiveness.
• The audience is the peers of your class and the professor,
Expectations for Sources:
Sources to be used:
• Your choice of one article of your choice from a library database. It must be an essay that touches on an issue you have personal experience with or great interest in, so you have something new to contribute to the topic to help engage your readers.
• When quoting the article, use the author’s last name and the year it was published. If you are using a direct quote, add the page number.
1) Smith (2018) discussed that the treatment of people was deplorable. INDIRECT QUOTE or SUMMARY
2) Smith (2018) discussed, “The treatment of people was deplorable” (p. 189).
OR – “The treatment of people was deplorable” (Smith, 2018, p.189). DIRECT QUOTE
• The introduction paragraph should introduce your selection, including aspects such as what it’s all about, what the purpose for writing it was, techniques (your examples) the author used to write the paper, and any counter views you have about the style. The introduction should transition into the next paragraph.
• Your introduction should begin or end with a full sentence or two thesis statement (your overall message for readers, or conclusion about the topic + your reasons why).
Your body paragraphs:
• Write around four to five body paragraphs. Each body paragraph should start with a topic sentence, which is one of the points (example) you made in your introduction. You’ll then develop the point with explanation and reasoning as to how the example helps the author make his/her point or complete his/her message. Make sure each paragraph discusses only one main point, but there can be more than one paragraph concerning a theme.
• Note: One body paragraph can contain your OPINION of the article, its author, and its message.
• End with a full conclusion paragraph that ties everything together and makes your conclusions and recommendations for future action clear to your audience. It should be at least 200 words.
Why Choose Us
Top quality papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional academic writers
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you feel that we missed something, send the order for a free revision. You will have 10 days to send the order for revision after you receive the final paper. You can either do it on your own after signing in to your personal account or by contacting our support.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & confidential
We use several checkers to make sure all papers are plagiarism-free and do not share them with third parties.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
You are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper. Our academic experts will gladly help you with essays, case studies, research papers and other assignments.
Admission help & business writing
You can be positive that we will be here 24/7 to help you get accepted to the Master’s program at the TOP-universities or help you get a well-paid position.
Editing your paper
Editing your paper